Productioin Internship at ESPN
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Los Angeles Original Content team manages and produces four studio shows: SportsNation, The Jump, NBA Countdown, and Jalen & Jacoby. Our family of shows is driven by generating fun, smart television for the most passionate of sports fans.
- Developing and pitching new segments for the family of Original Content shows in LA (SportsNation, Jalen & Jacoby, The Jump, NBA Countdown)
- Assisting in the organization and coordination of special projects and remotes
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
- Operates studio teleprompter system
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events, specifically NBA
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- High level organizational, time management and communication skills
- Experience operating a teleprompter
- Historical knowledge of US sports
- Experience with editing, screening and/or logging video
- Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Familiarity with professional use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram)
- Enrolled as a junior, senior, or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 5 – August 11, 2017. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Los Angeles, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.