Film Distribution Intern of IMAX
What We're About
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Required Skills At IMAX our internships offer visibility, hands-on learning, and practical work experience in a fun, friendly environment. We are committed to challenging and developing creative, hardworking students through a variety of interesting projects and responsibilities to supplement the student’s classroom training. Interns are encouraged to explore, develop and share their ideas while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry.
The Film Distribution Intern will provide administrative and research support to the Film Distribution staff.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support Film Distribution team with a variety of projects, including brainstorming and researching assignments.
- Compile and analyze information on films, filmmakers and box office performance.
- Assist staff with general administrative duties.
- Data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Creative and innovative with a passion for movies and entertainment is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible, agreeable, and a team player.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet savvy.
What's Else is Required?
In addition to submitting your resume we ask that you submit a cover letter and answer the following questions:
- How do you think you can contribute new and fresh ideas to the film distribution team?
- What do you think are the challenges facing IMAX at the box office?
*We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.